Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Peels, NYC

I had an OMG moment this past Saturday afternoon. I had plans to go out to lunch (to The Meatball Shop if you were wondering)... but trekking to the Lower East side was out of the question due to the random snow storm we had (actually, I still wanted to go, my date refused :)) That got me to searching the Internet for a new place to eat (while enjoying my Buffalo Chicken Dip!). While reading a blog, I happened to stumble upon a restaurant named Peels. When I read that it was the same owners as one of my absolute favorite restaurants, Freemans, I was instantly calling for a reservation. Although I haven't been yet, I have a feeling its going to be fabulous!
Introducing Peels, a brand-new country diner from Taavo Somer, Will Tigertt and the Freemans crew, open right at this very moment.

Instead of dark wood in a back alley, Peels is holding court front and center on Bowery, with big picture windows, bright white walls and a long country kitchen-style counter top running the length of the space. There’s a mellow vibe to the whole operation: lazy hours will roll by as you marinate on a stool along the windows, at the counter or at the long communal table in the middle of the room.

They have an awesome bakery full of sweet and savory breakfast foods. This could also become my new favorite bakery.

No comments:

Post a Comment