Finally Friday... and dancing is on the agenda tonight!
Thursday, September 13, 2012
- 4 large peaches, pits removed and cut in half
- 2 tbsp. sugar
- 2 tbsp. lime juice
- 3 ounces vodka
- 1 tbsp. lime juice
- 1 tbsp. honey
- 1 cup sprite
- 4 slices of peaches, garnish
- 2 rosemary sprigs, garnish
- Using a food processor, add in the 4 peaches (pits removed), sugar and lime juice. Pulse until pureed. Pour the contents into a fine sieve over a bowl to catch the nectar. Using the back of a spoon, push through all the nectar you can and toss the bits that don’t make it through.
- [To make Rosemary Simple Syrup] Combine 2 cups of water, 2 cups of sugar, 3 tbsp. corn syrup and 1/4 cup rosemary leaves in a medium saucepan. Bring to a simmer, stirring until sugar dissolves. Remove from heat and rest for 20 minutes. Strain into a glass and refrigerate until chilled.
- Using a cocktail shaker filled with ice, add in vodka, lime juice, honey, 2 tbsp. rosemary simple syrup, 4 tbsp. peach nectar and shake. Pour into two cocktail glasses filled with ice and top with Sprite and a splash of water. Garnish with two peach slices per drink and a rosemary sprig.
- Serves 2.
Tuesday, August 28, 2012
In the past few years I've noticed the slow decline in my vision, first it was far away street signs, then the score on the tv (not that that's a priority), and then the menu at fast food restaurants (again, not a priority). I actually think it has to do with the number of hours I spend staring at the glare of a computer screen, working all day and then blogging all night. But I've decided to embrace this new opportunity to rock some geeky eyewear, and so the online shopping begins! This is of course the most difficult of all purchases to make online, no matter how much time I spend virtually trying them on with the webcam (this is super fun, you must try it!). So friends I think it's time to actually try these glasses on. Like on my face. You may have heard of Warby Parker, who sends you 5 pairs of glasses to try and choose your favorite, as well as donating a pair to someone in need for every purchase you make! In my search for glasses I also found Tortoise & Blonde and See By Us, both with very attractive vintage-inspired frames. It'll be a tough decision since glasses can dominate a look like no other accessory can, so maybe I'll let you all take a vote once I narrow it down!