Thursday, November 3, 2011

happy hour thursday...

With the return of lovely warm days & cool, crisp nights (that have me wrapping up in pretty scarves), I have decided that any old hot chocolate won’t do to warm my chilly hands. And play homage yet again to one of my favorite cities, Paris (the countdown is on until I'll be roaming those beautiful streets!)

French Brandy Hot Chocolate 

1/2 cup dry milk powder
1 1/2 cups grated bittersweet chocolate
4 cups whole milk
4 tablespoons Armagnac
Whipped cream or marshmallows for garnish

In a medium saucepan, heat whole milk over medium heat. Once heated, stir in the chocolate mixture & whisk until the chocolate has melted and the mixture is smooth and hot. Pour 1 tablespoon Armagnac into each mug, then fill each mug with the smooth, hot chocolate mixture. Serve hot & garnish with whipped cream or marshmallows. Serves 4.

No comments:

Post a Comment