Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Boqueria, NYC

I fell in love with Spain while I was visiting Barcelona and Valencia. I did not want to come back to the States. I met so many friendly people and saw so many beautiful places. Although I reside in NYC, I tend to prefer the more laid back flow. Waking up mid-morning, head to the beach, eat a big lunch with my fabulous friends, than relax to the late evening where I enjoy more great food and dancing. I could do this every day I think, as long as my company was awesome (and they usually are!)

I coudn't think of a better way to start my birthday weekend than with a Spanish Tapas meal at a place that reminds me of Spain. Boqueria restaurant was inspired by the best tapas bars in Barcelona. Bars such as Xampanyet, Vinya del Senor, Ciudad Condal and others where one can go at any time of night for a beer, glass of wine, and perhaps the best fast food known to man are institutions in a city known for its devotion to epicurean delights. 


At Barcelona's famous Boqueria market, stalls such as Pinotxo, Quim de la Boqueria and Kiosko Universal take the concept up a notch and serve the best of the market everyday to an eager mix of chefs, shoppers and tourists. Boqueria restaurants offer New Yorkers the chance to dine as they would at these bars without ever leaving town.

The food is absolutely delicious and I met some fun people sitting at the bar. Next time you're in NYC, try to stop by Boqueria, if not for the food, than to say hello to the handsome bartender ;) xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment