Tuesday, June 7, 2011

House Hunting

As my search for a new home begins, and after a very insightful conversation, I am beginning to consider purchasing an apartment or a home. It is the perfect time to purchase real estate in New York City. There is a ton on the market and in some pretty amazing neighborhoods, and sellers are looking to negotiate. Although still unsure about purchasing right away, I have decided that New York City is still my home, and why not stay another year. I love this city. I still get butterflies, and I still fall in love with New York more and more each day... and what is better than falling in love?


As I began going through listings today, I rememberd why I always loved real estate... I also remembered why one day I want to own several homes throughout the world. I could never chose between the city and the excitement, the back porch patio on the beach or the country and the hills. I love being around people, and I've always loved to entertain, whether it was inside next to a fire place, or an outdoor barbaque. Owning a home would allow me to welcome the people that mean the most to me, my family and friends, into an intimate part of my life. My family still to this day gets together at my parents house on Long Island for birthday's and hoildays and I know it means a lot to my siblings and I.


When I was younger, I found a qoute by Tom Ford (of all people...) but it summed me up perfectly and I still say it today. "There is absolutely nothing wrong with wanting it all, and I want it all." I want the romance and luxuries that life has to offer, and when I look at pictures of all of these fabulous apartments and homes, I realize that one day soon I will have that too.

...and the best part about wanting it all is that you can always change what you want.

No comments:

Post a Comment