Thursday, August 25, 2011

happy hour thursday...

After spending an amazing week in the stunning (and ever so chill and relaxing!) country of Spain, I thought it would be appropriate to post the recipe for the cocktail I enjoyed the most while there (other than all the red wine and sangria!). Below is the recipe for a Classic Mojito! I must say that I was enjoying the most delicious Strawberry Mojitos... with the freshest ingredients.


The Classic Mojito
2 oz. golden rum
5 mint sprigs
2 dashes simple syrup
1 dash fresh lime juice
Club soda

Put the mint into a high ball glass, add the rum, lime juice, and simple syrup. Crush with a bar spoon (or back of any spoon in a pinch) until the aroma of the mint is released. Add the crushed ice and stir vigorously until the mixture and the mint are spread evenly. Top with club soda and stir again. Serve with straws! Recipe serves 1.

I want to note that I also drank a lot of vodka and "Pina" (since they rarely had cranberry juice). Pina is actually "pineapple juice"... and it's delicious.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment